If you would like to be a part of a team with a mission to create a generation of well-informed, engaged, and thoughtful global citizens, we are looking for people like you.
Educational Consultant / Curriculum Designer
If you believe in the importance of building real-world, interdisciplinary learning that threads together the different subjects students learn in the classroom, we are looking for people like you!
Youngzine is a non-profit in educational children’s media with a mission to develop the next generation of informed citizens. Our engaging content explains the context behind news stories, promotes critical and interconnected thinking, and develops an understanding for cultures and perspectives different from their own in our youth. It is no secret that the education system is ripe for change and the kinds of complex issues that future generations face will require them to think outside the box, bring together different disciplines, and reach across the aisle to find common ground.
We are looking for a curriculum designer to develop innovative and layered lesson plans on current topics (such as climate change) for use in late elementary and middle school classrooms. The lesson plans and learning activities would connect across subjects (such as math, science, history) and to the real world, develop critical thinking and data analysis skills, and connect global to the local.
An ideal candidate will have
- Master’s in education and preferably, classroom experience designing engaging instructional and learning activities
- Strong writing skills and ability to distill complex concepts into lesson plans and activities that engage and build higher-order thinking in students
- Interest in current events (journalism), humanities, and a basic understanding of science and math
- Digital design skills and the ability to use graphics tools a plus
- Should be a self starter and able to dive right in.
This is a paid position for 4-6 weeks, starting July 6, 2020. If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2020.
We are also looking for the following specific skills
1. Development Director: Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Youngzine continues to grow. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to develop and implement a strategic plan for fundraising.
2. Social Media Manager: The Social Media Manager will administer Youngzine’s social media marketing and advertising strategy.
For more details on each of these positions, please contact us at email@example.com.
High School / Undergrad
Interested in writing and at the same time shaping a younger generation?
We are also always looking for strong writers. We take students interested in journalism and writing in high school and college, who will work closely with our editorial team. We require at least a 6-month commitment, of 3-4 hours per week. This is a 'virtual' volunteering opportunity that can be done from the comfort of your own home. If you are interested in helping us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.