Youngzine is offering an in-person Summer Program on Climate and Sustainability for high school students in July 2023. This exciting, one-of-a-kind program will be held in the SF Bay Area, California where we are located, and is limited to a maximum of 20 students.
In this two-week program, students will have an opportunity to -
- Learn deeply about the climate issue, from the science to impacts and solutions to mitigate and adapt to climate change
- Learn and apply systems thinking to analyze how social, economic, and ecological systems shape sustainability
- Interact with guest speakers from academia and industry as you learn about cutting-edge research and new career opportunities in STEM and non-STEM fields
- Collaborate with peers in small breakout sessions to analyze data, policies, current topics, and more
- Develop college-level skills such as research, writing, and communication through group and individual projects
- This program is intended for high school students (rising 9-12 graders) with a strong interest in climate and sustainability.
- We welcome students from all fields of interest (STEM, Economics, Humanities) to apply. This is a foundational summer program that builds a broad understanding of the issue and is accessible to students from all disciplines.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Dates: July 10-21, 2023; 9 am - 4 pm PST
Location: De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
Deadline: Rolling applications ARE STILL BEING CONSIDERED for a few remaining open spots
Apply early to secure your spot as this is a limited enrollment program, open to a maximum of 20 students.